The goal of gamekit is to create a basic game engine that allows fast prototyping build around open source software free for commercial use.
- Using Ogre or Irrlicht for graphics, Bullet for physics, OpenAL for sound
- OgreKit is most actively developed and in svn/trunk, the suspended Irrlicht version is in svn/branches/IrrKit.
- Engine is written in C++ and the game logic can be done in C++, Lua scripting or logic bricks
- Reads all data from Blender .blend files, with future FBX import planned
- Free from viral licenses: only using components using MIT/BSD/Zlib style licenses
- CMake cross-platform build system support that works out-of-the-box, see http://cmake.org
- Gamekit supports Windows and Mac OSX, Linux, Android and iPhone.
There are a variety of engines to choose from, many open source.